Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Thirty Weeks

I am thirty weeks pregnant as of this last Saturday -- only ten more to go! According to BabyCenter, the baby is about 15.7 inches long now, and she weighs almost 3 pounds (think head of cabbage). A pint and a half of amniotic fluid surrounds her, but that volume will decrease as she gets bigger and takes up more room in the uterus. Her eyesight continues to develop, though it is not very keen; even after she is born, she will keep her eyes closed for a good part of the day. When she does open them, she will respond to changes in light but will have 20/400 vision — which means she can only make out objects a few inches from her face. (Normal adult vision is 20/20.)

I am feeling larger now, and by mid-afternoon on most days, I feel like the baby is crowding my rib cage like nobody's business. Other than that and maybe a little increased heartburn (caused mostly, I am sure, to the fact that I am not really paying attention to the heartburn-causing foods I choose to eat), I am doing okay. Tomorrow marks the next midwife appointment, so I am sure I will have more to report then.

No comments:

Post a Comment