Aveline turned eight months old last Wednesday, making her two-thirds
through her first year. I think I was already considering beginning the
planning of a first birthday party at this point with Elsa. I just do not
seem to have that much time on my hands these days. Our house is still
on the market, meaning lots of inconvenient showings (although a
well-planned move to North Carolina has now turned into a decision to
stay in the area and move back to our old neighborhood). We are hoping
to launch our new business July 1 (how can choosing Pantone colors and
finding decent clothing labels prove to be so time consuming?). Our best
friends are about to move away (but to an oh-so-beautiful place). And
then there is just everyday life. It can be stressful some times (or
maybe a lot of times), but we plug on and relish in the moments. Moments
like these.
Avie
continues to be such the charmer. Whenever I am out with her, she
flashes smiles to anyone who will make the slightest bit of eye contact.
And this usually turns into a little conversation between her and said
person. "What a happy baby!" "Wow -- she is a smiler!" "She seems so
good natured." I hear these comments over and over again. And they are
all so true. Even on days when she does not get a decent nap because of
house showings or just general running around, she is still happy (for
the most part). We certainly cannot complain.
And, if
you cannot tell by her roly-polyness, she is an eater. Her new favorites
seem to be the squeezee baby food combinations that include meat
(chicken, beef, or turkey). She'll down a four-ounce package in no time
for dinner. And then we move on to another fruit or vegetable combo. She
is also starting to be spoiled at Elsa's playgroup. "Grandma" now
always has a bowl of the children's homemade applesauce waiting there
for Avie every Thursday afternoon. Avie is still nursing, and still
gives or takes those nursing sessions I thought she might be trying to
drop last month as she sees fit.
Her sleep continues to
be good. She is a breeze to put down for naps and nighttime alike, and
she is still sleeping around one-and-a-half to two hours per nap (if
able to nap in the crib) and around ten or eleven hours at night, still
usually with one waking to nurse, usually between 3:00 and 5:00 a.m. I
feel that feeding creep (very slowly) closer and closer to
morning, so one of these days I should be able to say she is truly
sleeping through the night. It happens even now occasionally, but it is
not consistent, for sure.
Avie is sitting up really
well now. I still put the Boppy or other pillows behind her for the
still occasional topple backward, but those are fewer and farther
between. She bends forward to great extent in order to reach toys, etc.,
and she does a little rocking onto her knees, but I think it will still
be a little while before crawling begins. She has started saying "Da,
da, da" and "Ma, ma, ma," much to my and Jarrett's delight. In fact, she
was getting pretty upset in the car about the last hour or so on the
way back home from the beach. It went something like: [cry]... "Da, da, da, da"... [cry]... "Ma, ma, ma, ma... [cry]." She often waves to people. And she has also started clapping just in the last week-and-a-half or so. So fun!
There
was no doctor appointment scheduled for this month, so we wait until
next month for all of the measurements. But let's just say she feels
heavier and heavier to this tired mama as the days go on. Could be
because I am tired or could be because she is gaining a decent amount of weight. I guess we will soon find out!
Happy eight months, little girl!





No comments:
Post a Comment