Monday, August 27, 2012

They are Doing It!


Tonight marks night three of the girls sleeping in the same room together. Every evening, Elsa has become very excited about it, but then when it comes right down to it, she decides she wants to sleep in a different room. That is, until I tell her that I will lay in bed with her for a couple of minutes.

Elsa has been playing like crazy here at the new house, so between lots of play, going to Gabriela's, and the move in general, she has been tuckered out every night. So when my "couple of minutes" is quite literally up, Elsa is already sound asleep. I do not want to get in the habit of having to lay there until she falls asleep, but I also want to make this transition as smooth as possible. So far (knock on wood), even though Avie is not sleeping that well, Elsa has not awoken when I have gone in the room to nurse and put Avie back down, so I have been fairly impressed.

The first morning after sleeping in the same room, I rewarded Elsa with a Revolution Doughnuts dark chocolate cake doughnut, but I also do not plan on making a habit of that. Thankfully she had "school" this morning, so there was no time for such shenanigans. Regardless, both mornings she has been excited that she actually did it. And she seems thrilled with the separate playroom (regardless of the disastrous state it is in at the moment), so hopefully this will stick. Only time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment