It seems my appointments will not be on even weeks, as far as the pregnancy goes, at least at this point; thus, the ten-and-a-half-week appointment. I saw Margaret again today, and was actually surprised by that, thinking I would surely see Anjli or Amy, but Margaret did tell me today that I will definitely be rotating among them, so perhaps next time (not that I would mind sticking with Margaret through the entire process!).
I sat in the waiting room forever this morning and, while doing so, caught up on way more celebrity gossip than I really needed. Kate is right -- next time I should take my knitting along. And, poor Kate was watching Elsa the entire time I was away since there is no playgroup this week (thank you, Kate!). When I was finally called back, I was immediately weighed (127, up three pounds from the appointment three weeks ago), peed in a cup (must have been fine since Margaret did not say anything), and was then taken back to an examination room where the nurse took my blood pressure (100/60). I did not have to wait too terribly long for Margaret to come in, and she went over the labs from last visit's bloodwork, and said everything looked fine. Most importantly, my thyroid levels look good (TSH: 2.240; T4, Free: 1.16), so the gluten-free diet must still be doing its job, even during pregnancy. I am sending copies of the labs to both Dr. J. and Dr. Owen via e-mail this evening, and I go see Dr. J. Friday, so we shall see what they say. Margaret listened for the baby's heartbeat and found it right away -- so lovely. She said, "It sounds like you're having another girl." And then quickly followed that up with, "You know I really don't know, don't you?"
We confirmed that I will not have any testing for defects; therefore, the next ultrasound will be around 20 weeks. Margaret also asked me if we were planning on taking any refresher birthing classes, and I asked her if she thought it was necessary. She said not really... unless we felt it necessary, but I am not convinced I used enough from the first class we took to make it worth the effort of doing again. I could be wrong. I mean, we definitely did learn a lot in that first class. I don't know... I am still trying to decide if I want a doula this time around. I also asked Margaret if we needed to take the waterbirthing class at Atlanta Medical Center, but she said if I could find the certificate from the class we took at North Fulton, then it would not be necessary. So the search begins. I have a feeling Jarrett is right, though, and that it probably became property of the nurses at North Fulton when we handed it over at the time of Elsa's birth. It is not a big deal, though. I would not totally mind taking that class again.
Margaret asked if we ever had determined Jarrett's blood type, and I said no, though we would like to do so. She said if he comes to an appointment with me, they will go ahead and draw his blood and have it typed for us. She said this last time around, but it turned up the higher-ups at that particular office gave it a no-go. Since Margaret is pretty much in charge of this new office, I have a feeling it will actually happen, so I believe Jarrett is hoping to come to my next appointment, which is in four weeks.
I am feeling pretty good thus far. I have been really exhausted during this first trimester, and have found that if I do not attempt to take a nap in the afternoon, it is likely I will not be able to keep my eyes open much past 9:00 in the evening. I have been slack about housework, which is so not like me, and I have just been feeling generally lazy. I will be into the second trimester in a couple of weeks, so I am really hoping some new-found energy comes along with it.
No comments:
Post a Comment