I made it to the thirty-eight week mark this past Saturday (I can never seem to post exactly on schedule). According to BabyCenter, our baby has really plumped up. She weighs about 6.8 pounds and is over 19.5 inches long (like a leek). She has a firm grasp, which we will soon be able to test when we hold her hand for the first time! Her organs have matured and are ready for life outside the womb. If we are wondering what color our baby's eyes will be, we may not be able to tell right away. If she is born with brown eyes, they will likely stay brown. If she is born with steel gray or dark blue eyes, they may stay gray or blue or turn green, hazel, or brown by the time she is nine months old. That is because a child's irises (the colored part of the eye) may gain more pigment in the months after she is born, but they usually will not get "lighter" or more blue. (Green, hazel, and brown eyes have more pigment than gray or blue eyes.) My eyes are green, Jarrett's are more of a hazel color, and Elsa's have remained blue. So we shall see!
Things are coming together well. Jarrett and I have been able to accomplish quite a lot around the house (some of which I plan to blog about in a separate post!), and I think we are about ready to meet this new little person. I came down with a nasty 24-hour stomach bug in the middle of the night Sunday night, which lasted all day Monday and into Monday night, but thankfully am on the upswing now and feeling much better. I am just so thankful the baby did not decide to make her entrance during that period of time, as I am not sure I would have had the endurance -- and definitely would not have been well hydrated. There will always be things I could find to do around here prior to her arrival, but I guess I am as ready as I need to be at this point.
No comments:
Post a Comment