I visited the midwife again this past Wednesday. And I waited forever in the waiting room. Probably about 30 or 45 minutes into my wait, the woman sitting across from me got up and asked the lady at the front desk if she could go ahead and reschedule her appointment. That she had been waiting there for two hours and was really getting hungry (this was around lunchtime). Anjli ended up coming out to apologize to her, and then to the rest of us sitting in wait. Apparently two midwives were supposed to be in the office, but Margaret was busy delivery babies at the hospital, and the other midwife was out of town or something. I have no idea where the two midwives who only work in the office happened to be. I felt really bad for Anjli, running around like crazy, but my it was a long wait.
And then I really only saw Anjli for about five minutes. When I was called back, it was the usual -- I peed in a cup (must have been fine), was weighed (144, back up a pound from the week prior), and had my blood pressure taken once placed in an examination room (120/70). There I waited for a bit longer until Anjli came in, again apologizing. She asked me how I was doing and went ahead and measured me and listened to the baby's heartbeat. She also felt around and said the baby's head still was a little off to the side, but that she was not too worried about it. She said it is even possible that it kind of moves back and forth from the birth canal. I asked her if she thought I should try to get into Lotus of Life to try the Webster technique, but she did not think it was necessary. She really did not seem concerned, so I hope I am okay not to be as well. Other than that, all she did was swab me for group B streptococcus. I am really hoping this test comes back negative, as it did when I was pregnant with Elsa, so I do not have to get an IV with antibiotics when I arrive at the hospital in labor. But, alas, there is nothing I can do about it but wait and see.
Anjli said since I had the test at this appointment, there was no need to come back until another two weeks have passed, so my next appointment will be on Thursday, August 25. At that point, I will definitely be going in every week thereafter.
No comments:
Post a Comment