Here I sit, two days past my due date, still pregnant. I am still getting contractions that come with some regularity... and then tend to fade away. I was awoken twice last night by them, and was out the door walking Merckx around the neighborhood at 6:00 a.m., thinking that might kickstart something. Nope. Even according to what the baby was measuring at
that most recent ultrasound, had they revised the due date (which they did not officially do), today would be the due date. So this baby is cooked. Well done, in fact. But she must not feel quite ready to meet the world. Perhaps she wants to add just a bit more chub to those cheeks or well define her birthday away from her big sister's as much as possible. I have tried to keep myself from guessing the birthdate now, as it just becomes a little more depressing each time I try, and this should not be depressing. Our little one will come. For that we can be certain.
I walked four miles with Jarrett and Elsa on Saturday. I have eaten jalapenos and other spicy food. I walked yesterday evening, and I walked two different times this morning. I even settled down to a glass of red wine last night.
This morning I met up with Kate and Shelly for my second walk -- we went to
Starbucks for my second spiced pumpkin latte of the season, then to the park to let James play for awhile (Christian and Elsa were at Gabriela's this morning), and then to
Farm Burger for lunch. Kate took this picture of me at the park. I think it is now a game of how much bigger could my belly possibly get? You can definitely tell she's dropped from the
37-week basketball photo.
 |
| 40 weeks plus 2 days |
I am really loving all these super-pregnant pics of you! You're just so cute!
ReplyDelete