Thursday, October 27, 2011

Aveline's First Bottle

I pumped for the first time Tuesday morning, and we attempted the first bottle with Aveline yesterday evening. She had just awoken from a somewhat long evening snooze and was quite hungry, and therefore fairly impatient in waiting for the milk to warm up enough to feed her. She was also irritated as an unfamiliar rubbery bottle nipple approached her mouth. But after that first drop of milk reached her taste buds, she was sold. She finished the bottle without a fuss, and, in fact, we had to warm up two other servings of milk. So she drank all the milk I pumped yesterday morning, half of what I pumped Tuesday morning, and most of half of what I pumped while Jarrett was feeding her the bottle yesterday evening. Apparently she is a much more efficient nurser than I am a pumper.

So, yay! She seems to be completely fine with a bottle (the Dr. Brown's brand, anyway), at least at this point.



No comments:

Post a Comment