Tuesday, October 18, 2011

First Major Solo Outing

With the beautiful fall weather, I decided to get out and take the girls to the Atlanta Botanical Garden last Friday. This was my first solo outing with the two girls besides taking Elsa to Gabriela's and running out one evening last week to grab the CSA box (but it only takes me about sixty seconds to run into the store and grab the box, so I did not even attempt to get them out of the car), and it went really well. Elsa did a fantastic job sticking with me as I pushed Avie around in the stroller. Elsa wanted to walk, and I told her that was the deal, and I was so proud of her for listening and not running off.

We had a good time looking at all of the scarecrows -- the main reason I wanted to get Elsa there before the month is over. We spent a good deal of time in the Children's Garden, where Elsa played in the sandbox some while I nursed Avie. Then, for her good behavior, I treated Elsa to some custom-made trail mix (GORP), and we sat an enjoyed it on a bench by the big, grassy field. As we left, Elsa insisted we visit the fountain with the "icing on top" (the fountain in the Parterre Garden, with the Chihuly glass sculputure adornment).











No comments:

Post a Comment