Friday, December 16, 2011
Aveline is Three Months
Aveline turned three months old today. So there you have it -- we are officially through the "fourth trimester." So things should only get easier from here, right? Thankfully Avie continues to be a happy baby most of the time, so the main possible improvement, really, would be more sleep. She has been going to bed around 8:00 p.m. and waking once, usually sometime between 1:00 a.m. and 3:00 a.m., depending. Then she will usually wake again between 6:00 a.m. and 7:00 a.m. It is at that time that I usually bring her into bed to nurse, and sometimes she will fall asleep there for a little while longer, but usually really wakes up once I decide to leave the bed. The poor child rarely gets a decent nap because she is being dragged around everywhere or is awoken by her sister, and when she gets really overtired, that is when you will hear her voice her real opinion of the world. She completely loses it. I am hoping after the holidays and in the early part of the new year, we will be able to get ourselves on some sort of schedule, but it proves to be difficult with needing to get Elsa to and from her playgroup three days a week, and then all of the everyday errands on top of that. Like Dr. Owen said today, though, it will only make her a more easy-going baby. Let us hope so.
Our doctor's appointment went well, and Jarrett was able to come along with us. It really ended up being more of a family appointment, as we all had our issues that were brought up during our time there. That is one thing I certainly love about us all going to the same family doctor. But as for Aveline, Dr. Owen said she looked great. Jarrett asked about her eyes, as he has been concerned that they are slightly off-center from one another, but the doctor thought they were okay and told us to just keep a watch on them. She measured in at 13 pounds, 4 ounces (still 75th percentile), was 24.5 inches in length (90th percentile -- and, as a side note, from the looks of her tracked measurements, Dr. Owen thinks there was an error in the measurement last month, when she also measured 24.5 inches), and her head circumference measured 16 inches (75th percentile). There were no shots today, even though she was scheduled to receive at least one vaccination, I think. But the office's refrigerator failed, and all of the vaccinations that were being stored were ruined, sadly. So we will catch up at our next appointment in another month.
Because we were talking about so many other family issues, I completely forgot to ask her to check the status of Avie's thrush issue, as well as address my intake of dairy. But I do think the thrush has gotten better, and I already am fairly certain that there is a definite correlation between my eating dairy and Aveline's green poop. I know this because I caved yesterday and got a peppermint chocolate chip milkshake from Chick-fil-A, and the green poop is back. Oops. She might be slightly more fussy than usual, but I really do not think it has a significant affect on her mood. I am more concerned as to what the green poop means. Whether it means her gut is then having trouble absorbing nutrients or what. So I will have to see. I might make an extra appointment to go back in and ask these couple of questions. Or I might just wait it out if Aveline continues to seem okay.
Avie is lying on the playmat as I type this, and is actually trying to swat at a couple of the hanging toys, but those hands still seemed to pretty much be balled up into little fists. They open for slightly longer periods of time, though, and I am sure they will really open up more over the coming weeks. She has rolled over a few more times, still back to tummy, but still only on our bed. She still seems to love the swing and enjoys the bouncer even more, which is where she tends to end up at meal times so she can join us near the table while we are eating or running around getting ready in the morning. Also, it seems as though her dark hair is slowly falling out, and I swear I see blond hairs coming in underneath it. I will not believe it until all the dark hair is gone, though.
She is such a cutie, and we enjoy her more and more every day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment