Thursday, February 23, 2012

Aveline's Five-Month Appointment

Avie and I saw Dr. Owen this past Monday for her five-month well visit. Aveline seemed to be on track with everything on Dr. Owen's checklist and, in general, seemed to be doing really well. I relayed the terrible burn story, and the doctor checked out the burn, saying that it was possible there might be a little scarring, but that babies' skin heals really well, so it is somewhat hard to know at this point. She told me to go ahead and let her hand/arm be submersed in a bath on Wednesday night and just let the bandage fall off, which we did last night, and it actually appears to be healing really well. She said that unless there is any oozing, not to worry about wrapping it again.

Avie received one vaccination, another round of the DTaP. We are still a little behind schedule, but Dr. Owen just said to keep coming in monthly, and we will eventually get caught up. Aveline weighed in at 15 pounds, 8 ounces, but I was slightly annoyed because the end of our appointment was a bit rushed since Dr. Owen was running somewhat behind schedule, so I left without knowing her head circumference measurement, her length, or any of the percentages. All of that was redeemed, however, with the wonderful email Dr. Owen sent me later that afternoon:


     It was so good to see Aveline today.  She is an advertisement for babies. 

    Height   26 "   75%
    weight    15# 8 oz    75%
    head circ 17"   90%

    and 100% on the charm scale.  MOwen


I truly love our doctor.


In comparison, Elsa was the exact same length at this age, but Avie's head is an inch larger around. And Elsa weighed 13 pounds, 3 ounces, at her five-month appointment, sliding down to 25th percentile at this point. So there is a reason that Avie seems like a more roly-poly baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment