Friday, February 3, 2012

Doctor's Visit

Aveline and I made a trip to the doctor yesterday, and saw Nurse Practitioner Susan. Avie has been dealing with a pretty bad diaper rash for days now, and creams did not seem to be helping, so I decided to get some professional advice. Susan told me to try to stop using disposable wipes and switch over to cloth ones soaked in water, at least for now, so out came the wipe warmer again (first time using it with Avie). She also prescribed Nystatin (in cream form), as it appeared to be a little yeasty. She also said to expose the area to air as much as possible (which I had been doing somewhat, but probably not enough), and said I could also apply a small amount hydrocortisone cream, opposite the Nystatin applications. She said if it did not seem to improve within a week, to let her know and she would prescribe a heavier duty diaper cream that can only be mixed at a compounding pharmacy.

As a bonus, Susan offered to weigh Avie, and she was 15 pounds even.

Now the poor little girl is battling a cold (and I think Elsa is coming down with it as well). Hopefully it will not stick around for long.

No comments:

Post a Comment