Monday, January 10, 2011

Pregnant, Just Like the First Time

Well, if this is not déjà vu in its most realistic form, then I am not sure what is.

Jarrett and I tried, like the first time around, for a summer baby. It was not in the cards. Just as I found out I was pregnant with Elsa, I took a test on New Year's Eve morning that came back with a very faint second line. Last time around I really questioned this faint whisper of a result. This time I knew a little better. But I questioned it anyway, as I am wont to do with many things in my life. So I took another test a couple of days later. And another a few days after that. Just as I did three years ago.

So there we have it. Jarrett and I are expecting our second child, and these two little rascals could come close to sharing the same birth date.

I would have things no other way than to be with Margaret, the midwife who delivered Elsa, again throughout this pregnancy. Since Elsa's birth, she has started her own practice, Intown Midwifery, which is located so much closer to the house. We are talking something like 20 minutes compared to the 45 minutes to an hour-plus it took me to get to my appointments with her during my first pregnancy. And the hospital she delivers at, Atlanta Medical Center, is that much closer too, which is absolutely fantastic. My first appointment at Margaret's new practice is scheduled for January 26, so I look forward to hopefully seeing her again and getting a better idea of this little one's due date.

In the meantime, I am feeling really good with just a few minor waves of nausea here and there. Being gluten-free put my thyroid levels back to normal prior to getting pregnant, so even though pregnancy could be throwing things out of whack again, I definitely started out in a great place healthwise.

Excitement lingers around my every move and as I think into the future. As much work as it is to be a mother, I cannot wait to hold this teeny tiny baby in my arms come fall.

First test.

Second test.

Third test.

1 comment:

  1. YAY!!!! I'm screaming inside-- I'm so happy at this news!!!! How WONDERFUL!

    ReplyDelete