Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Sick of Being Sick

No, its not even morning sickness. I have now come into contact with three viruses back to back since early December. I think they have all been colds, though I do not know for sure. This last round, which I have been dealing with now for nearly two weeks was confirmed by Dr. Owen on Monday to be a sinus infection -- the first one I have ever had, at least that I know of. There have been fevers (the highest being 101.1 degrees F), so there has been Tylenol, and now I am on an antibiotic for ten days. I am certainly not fond of taking medication of any sort while pregnant, but every thing I am or have been taken is supposed to be totally safe for the little one inside of me.

I was never very sick while pregnant with Elsa. I think I maybe had one cold. But with pregnancy squashing my immune system, and this time around having a toddler bringing home all sorts of germs, I have definitely been bombarded. Thankfully, I am starting to feel a little better and am headed into an extended girls' weekend up in the North Carolina mountains, so rest and relaxation (and... maybe a little snow tubing) are not far away.

No comments:

Post a Comment